Location: Travel Required
Canadian Employer providing land surveying, bathymetric surveying, underground utility mapping, aerial mapping, land information solutions and integrated online data solutions coast to coast.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated SURVEY ASSISTANT for our Toronto location.
The Survey Assistant is responsible for assisting the Party Chief in successfully completing the field work on assigned jobs in accordance with the industry regulations and company procedures and technical standards.
- Operate survey equipment including levels, Total Stations, data collectors, GPS etc.
- Assist the Land Survey Party Chief with data preparation, measurements and calculations
- Communicate problems, errors, questions and concerns to the Land Survey Party Chief
- Inspect and maintain field equipment
- Ensure a clean and orderly work environment
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies and Regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong mathematical abilities
- Good communication skills
- Completion or in progress of completing a surveying or engineering technology program
- Experience with land surveying and survey equipment is an asset
This job takes place outdoors in varying weather conditions and environments and demands a certain degree of physical strength as you will be carrying equipment (Total Station, Level, Bars and Stakes) from site to site.\
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability