Rate: $19/h + 2%-3% commission
Location: 20 Eglinton Ave E
Type: Full-time; Permanent
Establishes and administers programs for targeting, recruitment, and retention of students in graduate or undergraduate programs. Develops programs and marketing materials. Visits schools and makes presentations to groups and individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential students, assists students in the development of testing strategies, writing skills, and completion of applications through seminars and workshops; coordinates applications for financial assistance.
- Participates in the development of student recruitment and retention plans, strategies, and written materials.
- Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges, speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with school counselors to promote outreach activities; coordinates community workshops and retreats; arranges visits from prospective students and parents.
- Serves as a liaison to develop partnerships between the university and local school systems throughout the state.
- Creates a database of prospective and current students and/or potential degree candidates in the state.
- Creates and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
- Prepares reports and proposals and responds to inquiries from students and minority agencies.
- Develops operating goals and objectives for the unit; implements and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the unit.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Ability to plan, assess, and evaluate programs.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
|Job Category||Marketing, Outside Sales|