Shipper & Receiver
Location: Progress Ave & Midland (Scarborough)
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Rate: $16.96 – $19/h unionized positions
Must know how to use a forklift and willing to obtain or have a valid forklift license
A service-driven paper and packaging products company, the employer has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organization employs approximately 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers.
We have a great opportunity for a Shipper/Receiver to work as a Clamp Truck Operator at our Scarborough Warehouse. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a roll clamp forklift for the unloading/loading of paper roll stock. This will be a 1 month contract with possibility for extension.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a roll clamp forklift and following safe work procedures
- Reporting safety hazards or production/quality issues immediately to the supervisor
- Operate roll clamp forklift for unloading/loading paper roll stock
- Accurately report and maintain paper roll stock inventory levels
- Assist in the monitoring of customer delivery schedules to ensure on time delivery
- Perform routine quality checks and complete quality checklist reporting and correcting any non-conformance
- Track and accurately complete Operator log sheet
- Maintain good housekeeping standards in work area
- Follow Company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid counterbalance forklift certification (with roll clamp attachment) or equivalent knowledge and experience operating a counterbalance forklift ; willing to be trained as required
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- Capable of performing the physical demands associated with the position and carrying / handling up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work a weekly shift rotations
|Job Category||General Labourer, Shipper & Reciever, Shipping|