Sewing Machine Operator
Hours: Full-time Hours
A company with great culture, diversity, and respect for one another, located in Woodbridge, is looking for full time experienced Sewers.
Operate domestic sewing machine or single, double or multi-needle serging, highly efficient worker.
- Ensure that all materials and auxiliary supplies are available prior to beginning work.
- Maintenance of sewing machine.
- Draw threads through needles and adjust machine functions according to project requirements.
- Examine and ensure quality of work.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Sew missing stitches or replacement parts in accordance to repair instructions provided.
- Observe operations to detect any faults or defects in raw materials or stitching.
- Notify Lead Hand/Supervisor of any problems or discrepancies during the sewing process.
- Ensure that excess material or threads are cut away from the finished product.
- Ensure all items stitched are logged accordingly for productivity purposes.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
- Act as a backup for pattern cutting.
- Any other duties assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Use of single, double or multi-needle serging
- Vinyl cutting and top stitch experience an asset.
- High school graduate.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
- Able to carry up to 20 lbs. to and from equipment.
|Job Category||Sewing Machine Operator, Trades|