Position: Route Service Technician; Certified Technician once trained with us
Work Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hourly rate: $18 an hour
Requirement: Valid G drivers license, clean Drivers Abstract
Working hours: 4 days ON, 3 days OFF: so 10 hours a shift à 40 hours weekly, we always have overtime available if they want to use the extra day to make extra money or can simply use as a rest day.
Vehicle: We provide a company vehicle that is not the size of a truck but a bit larger than a minivan.
The employer is a leading provider of support services for commercial and industrial facilities. So we provide washroom care, pest control, and life safety services and products that help building owners and managers address their facility’s needs. We supply, service and install products.
As per for the role: As a Route Service Technician, they report to the:
Service Manager and the primary role of the Technician is to drive to locations within the GTA and surrounding areas and provide delivery and collection service of sanitary disposal units, clean and detail the washroom fixtures such as sinks, toilets, urinals, etc.
But primarily the delivery of washroom products such as soap dispensers, towels, air care so like air fresheners, products like hand dryers for companies such as Dyson, etc.
We offer some great incentives such as:
- We offer Flexibility with managing your shift schedule so what this means is: you would work for 4 days and then you would have 3 Days Off which is a great work-life balance.
- So you can use that extra day to do Overtime which we have available if you want an extra source of income that way or just use it as an extra rest day.
- We also provide a company service vehicle for business use which you can take home after you complete probation so you are able to save time in the morning and go to the clients directly from your home.
- Pay: We do start our technicians off at $18 an hour. We do have annual increases that are done through a performance appraisal. However, with an extra day off you do have an opportunity to make some extra money through overtime which could potentially lead to more than $18 an hour.
- Schedule time: So we start as early as (5 – 7 am) as we would like to get their early as we don’t want to be in the way of our clients or their customers and finish around (3-5 PM).
More about the job:
- Not a janitorial job as we don’t require you to scrub the floors or wipe the walls.
- Not cleaning job as there may be times where we might require you to do minor wipe down of the equipment that you may be servicing.
A typical day at this job:
The day would start at 5-7 am then you would head to your clients and complete the necessary service depending on the duration as it could be for a few hours and then your next client. You would be typically on the road the majority of the day as to why we provide you with a vehicle and a gas card.
|Job Category||Driver, Maintenance, Service|