Rate: $15/hour with annual raises
Work Hours: The production team operates 7 days a week on two shifts: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM and 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. There is a set schedule, and weekend availability is required.
The employer values honesty, accountability and inclusivity. Their culture of trust allows employees to find satisfaction in working hard as a fun, diverse team. With ample room to grow, other employees in the Cook position have moved into other roles such as Assistant Manager, Production Manager and Line Cook.
Employees are motivated by the positive brand and continuous career growth and enjoy perks such as free spin classes, discounted yoga classes, discounts at local retailers and more!
The company’s hard-working production staff plays an integral part in their team. Cooks report to the Production Manager.
Cooks will prepare, cook and package soups, sauces and dressings that form the core of the plant-based Fresh menu. The ideal candidate would be a team player who can communicate clearly while working in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail. This role requires a reliable individual that is able to produce consistent results at a high volume.
- Open and flexible schedule availability including weekends
- Able to stand for majority of shift and able to lift 40lbs
- Comfortable with handling a knife and large food preparation equipment
- Has Food Handler Certification
- Experience in catering and working in a kitchen (bonus)
- Prepares produce quickly without sacrificing quality
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station as you go
- Adheres to outlined healthy and safety procedures
- Memories menu items and ingredients to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Communicates openly with management about concerns regarding workflow and equipment
- Healthcare benefits coverage after 3 month review
- On Shift: Free Staff meal made daily
- Not Working: 20% off menu items at all Fresh Restaurant locations excluding alcohol, dessert and retail items (cold-pressed juices, cookbooks, etc.)
Posting Expiry Date: September 27th, 2019 or when position is filled