Deadline to Apply: Always Looking
Type: Part-time & Full-time available
Location: Downtown, East York, North York, York, Scarborough, Durham
The employer is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that offers 24/7 health care and support services to people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
With over 3 000 health care professionals serving clients in eight Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), the employer is client and family-centered, community-based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services.
We are currently seeking:
- Required skills and experience:
- PSW certification from an approved and recognized educational institution.
- RN/RPN/DSW/HCA/Personal Attendant certification.
- RN or RPN students with a minimum successful completion of 1 year.
- Ability to read, write and speak English (equivalent to grade 10 level).
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family centred care.
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of physical readiness test to ensure safe work practices are followed including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, push and pulling.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize safety concerns, communicate effectively using a computer and/or mobile device.
- Requires good judgement, the ability to work independently and work cooperatively with the care-giving team.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills to safely service clients.
- Ability to travel between assignments by public transportation or by car.
- Must be able to work on weekends (or rotational weekends).
- Current CPR and First Aid certification is a definite asset.
- Ability to speak a second language is a definite asset.
- Experience working in the community as a PSW is an asset.
- Real results in the real world. You’ll foster one-on-one relationships with clients to help them achieve more independence over their care and life.
- An organizational culture that drives more outstanding home care through preceptor training, mentorship programs, 24/7 on-call personal support, competitive wages and monthly team meeting to connect with colleagues.
- A job that inspires you to uncover more talent and innovation. You’ll be backed by a supportive leadership team that not only encourages you to creatively problem-solve but empowers you to deliver spectacular care.
|Job Category||Healthcare, Personal Support Worker|