Rate: $17+$3 (Pandemic Pay)
Location: Multiple locations across the Greater Toronto Area for private one-on-one in-home care
Type: Casual – Full-time; Permanent based upon client reviews
If you strive to make a difference in people’s everyday lives by caring for them with compassion, dignity and respect, the employer has great opportunities for Personal Support Workers. Come join a passionate team with a culture of learning and development.
As the largest network of integrated community health services in Canada, we are proud to offer:
- Competitive wages and benefits package to eligible employees
- Paid orientation, ongoing learning and training opportunities
- Career development opportunities
- Recognition & Reward programs
As a Personal Support Worker, you will:
- Provide personal care to patients in their home or residential facility with compassion
- Assist clients with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, feeding (including special diets)
- Assists with ambulating and mobilization of patient
- Recognize and report safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client
- Establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency
- Observe, document and report any emotional or physical changes in the Client’s condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
- To take on the role of Personal Support Worker, you must have:
- Personal Support Worker Certificate / PTA & OTA / Foreign trained Nurse / Nursing student who has completed Year 1)
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months
- Evidence of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date Immunization Record
- Ability to travel from assignment to assignment throughout community
- Required to work every other weekend (both Saturday and Sunday)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to freely lift up to 35 lbs/16 kg
As Canada’s largest provider of community healthcare services, the employer is made up of over 13,000 personal caregivers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, behavioural therapists, administrators, and professionals.
The employer is set apart by the unique ability to work as an integrated network to foster ongoing learning, enhance best practices, improve access to care for all Canadians and achieve the best outcomes possible for our clients. With a talented, interdisciplinary team of caregivers and professionals, we provide the right services, in the right place, at the right time.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and company Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process. Please inform your recruiter if you have any accommodation requests.
|Job Category||Personal Support Worker|