Location: Port Colborne, ON
The employer proudly provides maintenance services on Maintenance Contracts for Ontario Ministry of Transportation in all five of the Ministry’s Regions. Their leadership in the Ontario road and highway maintenance industry is based on their commitment to continuous improvement through education, innovation, safety, and training.
As an industry leader, the employer takes pride in their service-oriented construction operations and strives for excellence in all areas. They are looking for an enthusiastic Paving Superintendent who is willing to take challenges head on, embrace them and learn something new every day.
In this role, you will be responsible for the daily supervision, direction, inspection, and coordination of the crew in all phases of an assigned project to ensure safely produced, quality work, within the project requirements (i.e., plans, specifications, and proposal documents). You will be responsible for maintaining a targeted budget and schedule in alignment with the employer’s Values and Vision so they can continue to deliver “Only the Best.”
- Lead all on-site construction activities daily and assist in developing a construction plan
- Monitor work performance and efficiency of field staff and subcontractors to deliver on schedule within budget
- Ensure construction complies with design requirements and defined quality standards
- Implement Brennan’s Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adhere to safety and record keeping requirements
- Ensure senior management is informed about potential scheduling issues etc. in a timely manner and assist in resolving such issues
- Coordinate usage of owned and rented equipment on site for achieving maximum efficiency
- Perform additional assignments as directed by Supervisor for successful project completion
- A construction related diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience
- 5+ years’ relevant road construction experience
- Advanced knowledge of all disciplines within construction management – Safety Compliance, Scheduling, Cost control, Quality control etc.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and other technical documents like proposals etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate with various project stakeholders including vendors, subcontractors, staff and senior management
- Ability to evaluate performance, coach crew members and develop a highly functional team
Posting Expiry Date: July 9th, 2019 or when position is filled