Location: Warden & Eglinton
Hours: 40+h/week; Shift Work for 24/7 Operations
Job-Type: Full-time; Permanent
The employer manufactures and distributes high quality, cost-effective product solutions to a wide range of commercial and public entities. Through warehouse clubs, food-service and wholesale distributors and janitorial-supply companies, AFH supplies quality paper-based solutions to the accommodation, food service, property management and healthcare sectors.
Currently, we are looking for energetic candidates that have an ability to learn quickly and who thrive in fast-paced environments that would like to grow with our company as a Converting Machine Operator in our Scarborough, Ontario location.
The Converting Machine Operator will support the operations floor by providing vitals to operators and completing adjustments, changeovers and technical support to ensure the efficient operations of converting units.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transport rolls and other materials to the production floor as required (per operation schedule)
- Prepares and inspects all rolls prior to loading and complete required documentation for rolls that do not meet required specifications (breaks, stickie’s, holes etc.)
- Prepares rolls and assists in mounting to machine
- Completes documentation (i.e. roll number) to support the inventory process
- Performs set-up and adjustments for all equipment operated by Packers as needed
- Performs changeovers
- Safely drives a lift truck to transport vitals (rolls, poly, bags,…) to operation floor
- Responsible for cutting cores
- Ensure the safe operations of equipment and the safety of everyone
- Produce product with an emphasis on quality, completing all assigned quality checks and resolving/escalating any issues.
- Keep the work area clean and deposit waste bins at the baler operator’s station when full and at the end of each shift.
- Maintaining housekeeping standards i.e. ensure periodic clean-up of equipment and or other housekeeping requirements.
- Adhere to all workplace safety policies, compliances and regulations Use all required safety equipment, e.g. Steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses /
- Performs basic troubleshooting (Jam Clearance, paper snaps, etc.) Ensure lockout is performed according to procedures posted on the machines
- Maintains a safe, clean work area and follows all safety procedures
- Must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts, which includes nights and weekends Perform other duties as assigned
- Converting Machine Operator will accept personal responsibility at all times for themselves and assist where they can with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Ensuring all safety rules and safe work procedures are followed by themselves and by other working in and around the machinery.
- All injuries and near misses being reported and followed up on in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in accident/incident investigations.
- Housekeeping standards and expectations are maintained. Active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities.
- Following all safety procedures such as Lockout/Tagout, PPE, etc.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience in converting tissue operation an asset Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check. Proven technical skills; ability to make adjustments to Converting units
- Lift truck driver certification
- Highly punctual and strong work ethic
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- This is an hourly paid position that works a 12hr rotating shift schedule.
The facility operates on a 24-hour, 7 day per week, 365 day per year basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from
all qualified individuals. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under KP’s Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan – 1.04.33. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
|Job Category||General Labourer, Machine Operator|