Pay Rate: $16.16/hour + $0.30 Shift premium for afternoon shift
The employer offers sustainable, innovative and value-added packaging, hygiene and recovery solutions. The company employs 11,000 women and men across a network of over 90 facilities in North America and Europe.
The Second Operator is responsible for assisting the Operator with production, set-up, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations
- Obtain order and verify stock specifications and condition.
- Set-up slotting and feed on machine accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Ensure all bolts on dies are in place and tightly secured.
- Monitor box quality, including but not limited to: loose liner, warp, correct size, and print and/or proper scoring/slotting.
- Report any quality problems to the Operator.
- Complete necessary administrative duties and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist third operators with job duties on machine.
- Turn in maintenance orders to supervisor for repairs.
- Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including conduct, Health & Safety and maintaining good housekeeping, as well as all government regulations.
- Ensure compliance with set policies and procedures within ISO
- Additional duties related to or not related to this job classification as assigned by supervisor
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in corrugated/box plant is a big asset
- Flexibility with working Days & Afternoons Shifts
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety Rules and Regulations;
- Ability to prioritize many tasks and execute results, which will promote customer satisfaction;
- Ability to deal with conflict, stress and time constraints in an efficient, professional, courteous manner;
- Understanding of ISO.
Posting Expiry Date: September 30th, 2019 or when position is filled