This is a unionized position.
Rate: $15.00/h to $15.80/h after probation
Location: Toronto Pearson Airport
Hours: 8h Shifts between 5 am – 11:30 pm; preference to those who can work Weekend, Days, Nights and Holidays
Type: Full-time; Permanent
- To set up the buffet counter in the morning and maintain cleanliness.
- To take care of all the food in the buffet counter, reheat food, replenish food, drinks, condiments etc.
- Make sure the buffet counter clean, tidy and wiped down as per company standard.
- To serve and/or handle all kinds of alcohol, meat, nuts etc.
- To help out in cooking, such as breakfast, muffins, cookies, prepare veggie platter, salad bowls, and make sandwiches.
- To display weekly menus in the kitchen refrigerator.
- To monitor the cleanliness of all areas including kitchen, storeroom.
- Monitor, tidy and setup up washrooms and shower rooms
- To clean up kitchen equipment; such as combi-oven, microwave, induction range; fridge, dish-washer; etc.
- To collect dirties from customers.
- To wash dishes.
- To count beer bottles and record: 100 beers filled in a bag and to be delivered back to the Beer Store by Genco as per collection procedure.
- To process dirty linens, placing them in the Canadian Linen bags and follow the linen collection procedure.
- To assist cook with inventory stocking.
- To clean coffee machine.
- To monitor Knife Count: all sharp objects and knives and to be counted and recorded on the knife record sheet for airport security reason, any lost items will be staff’s responsibility.
- To monitor Fridge and freezer temperature. The temperature readings are to be recorded TWICE daily and recorded on the fridge and freezer record as per food, health and safety requirement.
- To monitor food temperature: temperature check must be done EVERY HOUR as per food, health and safely requirement.
- To ensure that proper cleaning procedures are adhered to and personal protective equipment (PPE) wore at all times during shift and follow health and safety regulations as updated by the company.
- To transport food, equipment or stock from one lounge to the other; or to different locations.
- To take up any additional duties and work based on operational requirement as assigned by on duty manager.
- Smart serve certified
- Able to stand for long hours
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
|Job Category||Customer Service|