Location: 4 locations – Yonge & Eglinton, Spadina & Bloor, Spadina & Queen, Yonge & Front Street
Rate: $15/hour + a percentage of tips
Work Hours: Line Cooks operate 7 days a week between the hours of 8:00 AM – 12:00 AM, there is flexibility within the schedules, but all staff must be available to work weekends. All shifts are about 6-9 hours.
The employer values honesty, accountability and inclusivity. Their culture of trust allows employees to find satisfaction in working hard as a fun, diverse team. With ample room to grow, other employees in the Line Cook position have moved into other roles such as Assistant Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Manager and Production Cook.
Employees are motivated by the positive brand and continuous career growth and enjoy perks such as free spin classes, discounted yoga classes, discounts at local retailers and more!
The company’s hard-working production staff plays an integral part in their team. Cooks report to the Kitchen Manager.
Line Cooks will prepare and assemble all signature dishes in the employer’s busy restaurants for dine-in and take-out orders. Assigned to specific stations, Line Cooks work together to ensure guests are satisfied by providing their meal quickly and completing quality control.
The ideal candidate would be a team player who can communicate clearly while working in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail.
- Prepares produce quickly without sacrificing quality
- Provides customer satisfaction by cooking and assembling dishes
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station as you go
- Adheres to outlined healthy and safety procedures
- Ensures a smooth service by avoiding prep shortages
- Memories menu items and ingredients to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Communicates openly with management about concerns regarding workflow and equipment
- Open and flexible schedule availability including weekends
- Able to stand for majority of shift and able to lift 25lbs
- Comfortable with handling a knife, with food preparation equipment and around heat
- Has Food Handler Certification
- Experience working in a kitchen/restaurant/fast food chain (bonus)
- Healthcare benefits coverage after 3 month review
- On Shift: Free menu item per shift excluding alcohol, dessert and retail items (cold-pressed juices, cookbooks, etc.)
- Not Working: 20% off menu items at all Fresh Restaurant locations excluding alcohol, dessert and retail items (cold-pressed juices, cookbooks, etc.)
Posting Expiry Date: September 27th, 2019 or when position is filled