Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their
colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Hours: Flexible Schedule; Morning; Evening; Weekend Shifts
Location: Condos and Apartments in the Greater Toronto Area
Type: Full-time; Permanent
The position exists to provide owners, residents, visitors and contractors with a level of customer service that is second to none for their various needs and requirements, and to ensure thorough and consistent cleanliness of the condominium corporation or developer’s property and assets.
The individual is responsible for ensuring that all activity occurring on the client’s property is in accordance with client’s needs as well as FirstService Residential company policies and procedures. The Housekeeping employee is required to address and properly document anything, which may be of concern to the client as well as any other parties of interest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Cleans and services restrooms
- Sweeps, vacuums, and mops floors and stairways
- Gathers and disposes of rubbish and waste materials by hand or with the use of powered equipment
- Observes appearances and conditions of premises and equipment; reports needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring outside vendor services
- Dusts such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, door, frames, railing picture frames and windowsills using treated dust mittens, cloths, or hand-cleaning items
- Polishes furniture, metal work, and chrome using appropriate cleaning and polishing compounds
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirror, and fixtures using both step and extension ladders
- Cleans grounds and parking lots of litter, glass, or other debris
- Performs related work as assigned
- Practice and adhere to Company Service Standards
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work
- Follow all policies and Standard Operation Procedures as instructed by Management
- Performs related work as assigned in relation to the needs of the building on said day
- Must be able to life 25 lbs
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies:
- Have knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the janitorial service
- Have knowledge of the proper use of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides
- Have the ability to follow instructions
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies such as floor buffers, vacuum cleaners, and cleaning compounds and solutions
- Have knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations
- Have knowledge of building and property security procedures
- Have the ability to explain instructions and guidelines to others effectively
- Have the ability to prioritize the work of others
Physical Requirements / Working Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, standing or walking applied for extended periods of time. Working conditions generally entail eight (8) hour shifts, but may be subject to alteration. Mental and physical stress may be incurred. Some jobs require an employee to be exposed to unpleasant and noxious fumes and odors. Some jobs require an employee to hazardous work environments. Some jobs require an employee to work where there is a significant change of injury.
|Job Category||Cleaner, Residential Cleaners|