Location: Leslie & Sheppard
- Shift 1: Tue – Fri from 1445 – 2245; Sat from 1100 – 1900
- Shift 2: Mon, Thur, Fri from 1445 – 2245; Sat – Sun from 0800 – 1600
Type: Permanent; full-time
The employer follows government or site-specific requirements with respect to vaccination and proof may be required based on the nature of the role.
In this challenging position, the successful candidate will report to the Housekeeping Supervisor and be responsible for: cleaning all surfaces including floors, walls, kitchens, washrooms, emptying and sorting garbage, recyclables, and adhering to the college health and safety practices. This position is responsible for cleaning in various areas of the college as required including deep cleaning public areas. Typical shifts that the successful candidates might work include:
- Experience working in a housekeeping position or similar role
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including (not limited to): standing, sweeping, pushing/pulling carts, reaching forward, above and below the shoulders and ability to lift up to 20 kg
- Experience with a variety of cleaning supplies and equipment and knowledge of sterilization procedures
- Ability to work with floor scrubbers, carpet cleaners, carpet shampooers and various other cleaning equipment
- WHMIS qualification an asset
- Must be flexible and available to work upon short notice (i.e. same day) when needed
- CCNM follows government or site-specific requirements with respect to vaccination and proof may be required based on the nature of the role.