North America Construction (1993) Ltd.
Rate: $34-$41.74/h (Unionized position)
- Business address: 21 Queen St, Morriston, ON N0B 2C0
- Job Location: 9670 Wellington Rd. 52, Erin, ON, N0B 1T0 and may require travel to various locations in Ontario.
Hours: 44h/week (Overtime as per collective agreement)(Day shift)
Type: Permanent; full-time
Benefits: Company paid: extended health & dental benefits, vision care, disability & life insurances, retirement savings, paid vacation & training.
Other Benefits: Travel expenses, allowances & accommodations as per collective agreement
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Education: No education is required
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of related experience
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, handling heavy loads (up to 30kg), bending, crouching, kneeling, standing for extended periods, work at elevations.
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, dusty, noisy, traffic, job entails working close to moving equipment and public traffic.
Types of materials used: Concrete colours and sealers, hardners and epoxies, reinforcing membrane and protective covering, plaster.
Personal Suitability: Accurate, team player, flexibility, accountability, analytical thinking, planning and organizing, problem solving, results oriented.
Work setting: Rural area, urban area, industrial, heavy construction projects, water treatment plant(s), wastewater treatment plant(s)
Own Tools and Equipment: Own CSA Grade 1 Safety Boots, at least 6 inches high. PPE supplied by employer.
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
- Clean work area
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades
How to apply:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, and Newcomers to Canada are welcome to apply.
|Job Category||Skilled Labourer|