Status: Seasonal – Temporary
- Full time position
- Part time positions
Location: Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Rd, Toronto, ON)
- Reliable transportation required
- Smart Serve an asset
- Full G License an asset
Prepares, presents and serves meals, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
- Carry pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
- Store food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Set up items for purchase on daily basis.
- Perform general cleaning duties; remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Distribute supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Utilize approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control. Notify cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
- Serve customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
- Resolve customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Assure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Provide service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Food Service Workers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Familiar with the use of a cash register is an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Previous food service experience in healthcare, hotel, restaurant or fast food is considered an asset.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
|Job Category||Food Handler|