Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We are an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. We continue to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers’ construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
The purpose of the Field Service Mechanic is to utilize the mechanical expertise of the candidate to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in peak running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program and a detailed repair schedule. This incumbent is a master technician and assumes a leadership role of product knowledge within the branch and acts as a professional representative of of our company at all times. He/she performs at a high standard of quality level within the branch. He/she has mastered the operating standards of the facility, the region and corporation.
- Follow a consistent and regular schedule to perform various types of maintenance on heavy equipment, construction equipment and various pieces of machinery at various job sites
- Repair assorted heavy equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site
- Disassembles engines and reassembles after a thorough examination
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems and propane systems
- Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
- Recondition and replace assorted parts of the heavy equipment
- Must be able to operate and test equipment such as boom lifts, forklifts, compressors, portable and stationary generators, hydraulics, pumps and assorted tools and equipment
- Diagnoses problem areas for any significant wear or tear on the equipment
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Produce timely and detailed service reports and repair logs
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
- Ability to read and comprehend the standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Customer service skills
- Must be able to operate a two-way radio, if necessary
- Understands the importance of time management
- Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform basic computer operations
Professional ExperienceEquipment Maintenance Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.Equipment rental industry exposureEducational BackgroundHigh School Diploma/GEDJourneyman TicketConditions of EmploymentValid driver’s license and clean driving record
Our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
We provide an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer.