Location: Lakeshore & Don Valley Parkway
Type: Full-time; Seasonal
Field Operations Supervisor responsibilities include assisting Duty Manager’s to oversee shift operations, ensuring employee productivity, monitoring the efficiency of all processes, and creating a positive and dynamic work environment for employees. The position works closely with the upper management and stays informed about organizational changes and issues and discusses ideas to improve the business. The responsibility includes maintaining and upholding service level agreements and business KPIs, and envisioning a collaborative team that works towards the smooth functioning of operations on a day-to-day basis.
The Field Operations Supervisor is an essential and integral part of our Operations Team. The employee who holds the position is expected to work independently and as part of a team, guiding the team to ensure the safe operability and functioning of Bike Share Toronto stations across the City of Toronto.
You understand and accept that any assignments, duties, responsibilities, and reporting arrangements maybe changed, without notice and without resulting in the termination of this agreement.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Review the daily work objectives and plans to perform during the shift to meet the overall business KPIs and productivity requirements.
- Play a significant role in planning for operational excellence along with the Operations Team
- Institute disciplinary measures upon employees’ misconduct and address escalating issues to senior management.
- Advise on material procurement and negotiation with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies.
- Be a keyholder for maintaining, updating, and reporting any shortages of inventory in the system.
- Maintain less than 1% service disruption to the overall BST system.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair station equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on station equipment.
- Monitor, document, and audit work performed by the Operations Team
- Assist Duty Managers in scheduling, determining, and assessing staffing needs, budgeting, reporting, and forecasting.
- Overseeing staff assignments, schedules, and productivity
- Coordinate with senior management to assess and support the improvement and implementation of new and existing workplace policies.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe workplace for all employees.
- Help in integrating new hires, ensuring they are competently trained into the team.
- Assist and help to resolve employee complaints and disagreements or performance issues as needed.
- Assist and oversee the maintenance, security and cleanliness of the Company vehicles and facility.
- Meet with upper management to stay informed about Company policies and issues.
- Have flexibility in working varied shifts in the weekday and have open availability to be scheduled during the weekend.
- Rebalance bicycle fleet (as required).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain professionalism, tact, confidentiality, and sensitivity.
- High commitment to safety and overall business KPIs
- Must have an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Be a leader to foster the growth of the staff and promote a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to timely responses to all stakeholders involved.
- Effective time management and organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a valid class G driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds.
- Must have the ability to bend, crawl, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule based on the operational requirements of the business.
- Must be comfortable with riding a bike in an urban environment.
- Possess a forklift and crane operator license (will be considered an asset).
|Field Operations Supervisor