Hours: 10 am – 6 pm depending on store hours; Sat – Sun
Location: Greater Toronto Area; Travel Required
Type: Permanent; Part-time
This employer is one of the leading importers and distributors of Asian food products from the Pacific Rim and other regions of the world. We are currently looking for multiple Demo Worker I to join our Marketing team in our ON office.
- Demo Worker I -2 positions in the GTA
- Saturdays and Sundays – 16 hours per week
- Shifts from 10:00AM – 6:00PM depending on store hours
- Working at various grocery stores within GTA
The Demo Worker I reports to the Marketing Department. The ideal candidate will conduct sampling food products from a variety of brands. The Food Demonstrator must be persuasive and initiates communication to introduce the food products to customers. The work setting will take place at various grocery stores within the Lower-Mainland that will involve some basic cooking and cleaning will be involved to demonstrate how to cook the food products.
- Persuade customers to promote the food brands and answer potential inquiries
- Offer food samples and engage with customers
- Maintain and keep the food demonstration table clean
- Demonstrate food items for customer sampling
- Record and report sales at the end of the shift
- Communicate with customers with product promotions
- Handle criticism and record feedback from customers
Requirements / Must-Haves:
- High-school diploma
- Persuasive communication skills
- Spoken English
- Exposure with customer service
- Basic cooking and cleaning skills
- Have an outgoing personality
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Assets / Nice-to-Haves:
- Spoken Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Food Safe Level 1 certification is ideal
- Passion for food and love for learning new recipes
If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail with the position you are applying for as the “Subject” to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The HR team can be reached through text message, WhatsApp or WeChat at 236-334-7369 for inquiries. Please note that telephone calls will not be received through this number.
We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities, if you need accommodation in relation to the materials or process to be used in the selection, please contact our Human Resources Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.