This is a unionized position.
Rate: $15.80/h to $17.30/h after probation
Location: Toronto Pearson Airport
Hours: 8h Shifts between 5 am – 11:30 pm; preference to those who can work Weekend, Days, Nights and Holidays
Type: Full-time; Permanent
To produce all assigned prep items in an efficient and consistent manner while following the specifications, recipes, and techniques of the company.
Key Areas of Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food according to menu and portion standards, ensure food quality is maintained, food presentation is as per set standards and consistent at all times and to transfer food from different locations/lounges.
- Make adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific dietary concerns wherever possible.
- Order supplies and equipments, maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment.
- To maintain good hygiene when preparing foods and ensure that kitchen and storage areas are always cleaned and well maintained and follow food safety guidelines.
- To monitor Knife Count: All sharp objects and knives are to be counted and recorded on the knife record.
- To ensure that proper cleaning procedures are adhered to and personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn at all times during the shift. Employees are expected to follow all health and safety regulations, enforced and updated by the company.
- To be able to work as a team and assist other colleagues within different responsibilities
- To take initiative to identify areas for improvement and participate in continual improvement activities.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- To undertake other jobs assigned by superior from time to time
Qualities & Requirements
- Must have Food Safety Certificate
- Strong sense of customer service, attention to detail
- Communication and writing skills
- Good organizational skills, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and problem solving ability
- Able to stand for long hours
- Able to lift up 50lbs baggage