Location: Greater Toronto & Halton Area; working in client’s home
Hours: Casual with full-time potential
We are looking for Companions with a passion for forming connections with seniors and their loved ones. We are looking for someone that is able to enrich the lives of the seniors that they are caring for and is able to provide support that allows them to continue to live comfortably at home.
- Responsible for providing emotional support and non-medical services that improve the lives of the seniors
- Supporting seniors with meal prep, laundry, changing sheets, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Participating with seniors in customized activities
- Escorting seniors to appointments or to the grocery store (transportation would be coordinated)
What do you need to qualify?
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to engage and support the seniors you care for – experience caregiving / fostering relationships with seniors is a plus
- Excellent communicator, resilient, & flexible to meet the changing priorities of a pilot project
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information
- Own a smartphone and comfortable with using apps
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health & safety practices, principles & legislation
- Compliance with infectious disease screening as per provincial legislation & maintaining immunizations
- Valid G class drivers’ license, valid automobile insurance and willing to travel throughout the Greater Toronto Area
- Familiarity with retirement industry resources is considered an asset
Help seniors retain their lifestyle in their home: Your role as a Companion positively impacts each client you work with, enabling them to remain independent & age gracefully in the home they know & love
Be part of shaping the future of senior care: Canada will need over 800,000 long-term care beds by 2050 – over 2.5 times what we have now. By reinventing at-home care, you are developing a sustainable solution to ensure the wellbeing of Canada’s aging population
You are supported in & rewarded in your work: The employer provides a strong support network of coordinators and mentors, competitive salary and benefits including a unique rewards system designed to motivate you based on the amount of services you provide to our members.
You have room to grow as a leader: The Companion position develops leadership skills & provides opportunities for career progression to management roles within our rapidly growing firm
You are supported by cutting edge technology: The employer has an app that puts scheduling, payment, and client profile access at your fingertips – keeping you one step ahead as you deliver first-class care