Rate: $16.55-18/h + commission
Location: Remote, Work from Home; In-office available 404 & 401
Hours: 40h/week Semi-flexible
Type: Permanent; Full-time
We’re looking for Junior Debt Counsellors to work from the comfort of their home in the Toronto area.
Ideally, you will possess strong communication skills, be computer savvy, and be confident in your ability to speak to debtors regarding payments. Prior experience in collections is not required for a junior role, just confidence!
In order to be eligible for employment, you must reside in a reasonable commuting distance to the TCR office in Toronto in order to pick up your equipment.
Compensation in this role consists of an hourly wage, plus performance-based bonuses/commission/incentives. Base rate of pay is commensurate with experience.
- Contact consumers via the telephone to arrange payments for past due accounts
- Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as, debt management
- Research and evaluate consumer’s financial status, credit and ability to repay the loan
- Complete initial trace work using online tools and account systems
- Follow regulations and guidelines as per provincial, federal legislation and client specific directives.
- Professionally and respectfully negotiate with consumer and explore money sources to determine best possible arrangement
- Complete credit and loan information
- Clearly and concisely document the details of each call
- Request statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for legal action
- Review and update credit and loan files
- Other duties as assigned
- Clear criminal background check
- Able to work evenings and/or weekends on a rotating basis
- Secure enclosed space to work from home in
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Cell phone compatible with DuoMobile App for 2FA
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Drive and ability to meet targets
- Ability to stay calm
- Experience in a call centre environment also an asset
- Fluency in French is also considered an asset.
Total Credit Recovery (TCR) is the largest Canadian-owned debt collection agency. With over 43 years in business, we represent some of the largest banks, credit cards, cell phone providers and government institutions.
Our mission is to be the model of integrity, innovation and service delivery excellence in the Canadian receivables management industry.
Currently, we hold 4 offices across Canada and over 300 active employees. TCR prioritizes regulatory compliance, audit, and controls.
We have full biometric security systems, and are ISO 27001 and PCI-DSS 3 certified, and are a federally registered protected B-level facility.
Total Credit Recovery Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities and fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment. We welcome applications from persons representing the diversity of our community. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
For more on this and other employment opportunities at Total Credit Recovery Limited please visit our website: https://www.tcr.ca/en