Location: Markham, ON
Deadline: November 21, 2019
Summary: We are hiring a Construction Buyer at our head office in Markham. Our ideal candidate will have a strong focus on “Only the Best” for our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. The Construction Buyer will need experience in effective sourcing and procurement of tools, materials, goods, services and finished products and the requisition to payment process. Most importantly, this role requires a driven individual who is motivated to create value by excelling in procurement.
- Purchasing tools, materials, goods, services and finished products or business services based on the specifications and requirements of the organization
- Assessing the requirements of the organization and to develop specifications for the items or services required
- Preparing requisitions and purchase orders to buy replenishment stock, equipment and/or services; and the arrangement of delivery
- Directing suppliers for shipment and delivery of tools, materials, goods, services and finished products
- Maintaining online ordering database, monthly purchase order records and related usage and receipts
- Coordinating with the Equipment team, issuing all rental purchase orders and tracking them appropriately
- 3 years’ practical hands on experience in Costing, Purchasing, Inventory Control or Construction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word and Outlook) along with hands on experience in various computerized buying, planning, and/or inventory systems
- Strong communication skills including oral, written and listening
- Social skills to work with various stakeholders – internal clients, suppliers etc. to determine needs and/or resolve issues or problems
- Good organizational skills are required to compile, accumulated, and utilize information
- Enrollment in Supply Chain training will be considered an asset