Assistant Property Administrator
Location: Toronto (East)
The employer is one of Canada’s premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. They were ranked Canada’s 2nd largest apartment manager in Canada in May 2018 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
The Property Administrator works under the direction of the Property Manager to provide administrative and maintenance support to enable the property management team to achieve or exceed the goals and key performance indicator targets of the company and the client.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
- Provide property management office administration and maintenance support
- Rent Collection and Arrears Management – including rent geared to income calculations, preparing and mailing rent notices, entry of rental & other payments into Yardi, serving all legal notices in relation to non-payment of rent and other related issues under the RTA and HSA
- Work Order Processing and Maintenance Management – distributing work orders to superintendents, receiving and updating work orders on a daily basis.
- Scheduling and follow up of contractor work (plaster, painting, flooring, etc)
- Vacancy Management – processing Notices to Vacate, Acknowledgement to tenants, scheduling inspections, creating work orders for unit preparation by superintendents and contractors. Processing former tenant files
- Annual Rent Review process – sending, receiving, processing all yearly rent reviews
- Lease Administration – preparing leases and conducting lease interviews, completing all documentation including tenant set up to new unit
- Customer Service and Tenant Liaison – Providing exceptional service and responding to tenant inquiries on a timely basis
- Tenant File Administration – processing parking registration, transfer applications, mailing, filing
- Utilizing Company and client computer software – Yardi, HMS, Easytrac, Axiom
- Providing various daily, weekly and monthly Management reporting
- Give direction and delegate to maintenance staff
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 or more years’ experience in residential property management and knowledge of property administrative and maintenance practices
- Knowledge of various legislation, including the RTA (Resident Tenancy Act), HSA (Housing Services Act)
- Experience working in the Non-Profit / Subsidized housing sector
- Experience in completing various RGI(Rent Geared to Income) calculations is a requirement
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience of LTB proceedings as it relates to the process of serving Notices relating to non-rental payments, anti-social behavior, illegal activity, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation and delivery
- Ability to respond and express ideas clearly in written and oral communication
- Experience utilizing Yardi or similar financial software
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity
Posting Expiry Date: September 27th, 2019 or when position is filled