Assistant Manager – Product Engineering
The employer is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. They are a Chicago-based company that designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. Whether it is through industry shaping or traditional solutions, the employer is dedicated to keeping the lights on for billions of people worldwide. Join their team of over 400 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on!
The employer is currently hiring an Assistant Manager – Product Engineering. Reporting to the Director-Air Switchgear, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers and Designers by supporting key product lines and providing guidance to team members.
- Lead a team of Engineers and Designers that support key product lines including Omni-Rupter, Alduti-Rupter, 6801M, etc.
- Define staffing requirements and respective job descriptions
- Assign work based on priorities and ensure quality, timely completion of tasks
- Responsible for departmental expense budgets
- Provide guidance and leadership to the design processes within their scope
- Provide direction and support to the team with respect to new special designs, product extensions, product maintenance, production support, cost reductions, sales support (RMA’s), staff training, development, scheduling, project management and problem-solving
- Perform annual performance reviews, as well as continual feedback on performance and support on development plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- PEng Designation
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role
- Extensive knowledge of Air Switchgear products, their functions and applications
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitude
- Bonus Plan
- Pension Plan
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Flexible Benefit Options
- Seniority Recognition Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Cafeteria
Posting Expiry Date: July 23rd, 2019 or when position is filled