Location: North York
Salary: $33,000 – $35,000/year
The employer is one of Canada’s premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. The employer was ranked Canada’s 2nd largest apartment manager in Canada in May 2018 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
The employer is currently seeking for an Account Administrator to join our accounting team. The Account Administrator works under the direction of the Accounting Manager. He or she is responsible to meet all contractual obligations and deliverables as well as achieving or exceeding the company’s key performance indicator targets.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, or skills required or associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the accounting team, the key responsibilities of the Account Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Full cycle accounts payable function – match invoices with purchase orders, process transactions in a timely manner, print cheques and reconcile vendor ledgers;
- Reconcile deposit summary on weekly basis, prepare and analyze tenant ledger as required
- Pay monthly contract invoices. Ensure all contracts are current and valid;
- Review Statement of Accounts and liaison with suppliers for any outstanding invoices;
- File paid invoices and tenant records on a regular basis;
- Assist with monthly Financial Statement preparation;
- Assist with Year-end duties;
- Undertakes ad hoc projects and other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- 1-2 years’ experience in an accounting position preferably in the Property Management industry– Commercial and/or Residential experience is an asset – (Intermediate);
- Effectiveness as a mature, tactful accountant with practical experience in the supervision of accounting staff;
- Detail oriented and problem solving skills;
- Able to manage time effectively – deadline oriented a MUST;
- Experience in Yardi software is an asset;
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Experience in Yardi software is an asset
- Enrolled in CGA/CMA/CPA program is an asset
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking for a challenging opportunity, please forward your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line Account Administrator – North York (D1620)
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must live and be authorized to work in Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.
|Job Category||Accounting, Administrator|