For decades, the employer has been building and supporting urban and rural infrastructure throughout Canada. As they continue to grow and expand our operations, they are hiring an accounting coordinator at their head office in Markham.
As one of the nation’s leading vertically integrated building materials manufacturers and construction companies, they focus on “Only the Best” for their customers, employees, supply chain and communities they work in.
As an accounting coordinator, you will work closely with the AP Supervisor providing accounting and invoicing support as required
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies by coordinating with suppliers, site staff, project managers etc.
- Respond to vendor calls and emails to get the required information of missing invoices
- Monitor status of pending invoices and assist with month end closing procedures
- Prepare supportive documents to assist the auditors for annual fiscal audit
- Generate various reports as required, investigate any discrepancy and make corrective actions
- Assist accounts payable with transition into JD Edwards
- Assist with the cleaning of Vendor List in accounts payable module
- Accounting diploma or degree and/or enrolled in CPA program with 2 years relevant experience in accounts payable
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast pace environment
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Knowledge of JD Edwards is an asset
Posting Expiry Date: July 17th, 2019 or when position is filled