Job Openings: 2
Job-Type: Full-time, Permanent
The employer is one of Canada’s premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. They were ranked Canada’s 2nd largest apartment manager in Canada in May 2018 by a Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
The Account Administrator will work under the direction of the Accounting Manager. He or she will be responsible to meet all contractual obligations and deliverables as well as achieving or exceeding the company’s key performance indicator targets.
- Full cycle accounts receivable function – charge monthly rent roll, move in/out tenant, prepare N4, lease renewal, and adjust tenant account as required.
- Reconcile deposit summary on weekly basis, prepare and analyze tenant ledger as required
- Manage in-house Purchasing system – set up new vendor, receive and distribute statement of accounts and maintain status of vendor with valid WSIB and Insurance certificates.
- File paid invoices and tenant records on a regular basis.
- Undertakes ad hoc projects and other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting position preferably in the Property Management industry– Commercial and/or Residential experience is an asset – (Intermediate);
- Effectiveness as a mature, tactful accountant with practical experience in the supervision of accounting staff;
- Detail oriented and problem-solving skills;
- Able to manage time effectively – deadline oriented a MUST;
- Experience in Yardi software is an asset;
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Experience in Non-Profit Housing is an asset
- Enrolled in CGA/CMA/CPA program is an asset
Posting Expiry Date: August 30th, 2019 or when position is filled