Reporting to the Lead Hand, Upholstery and working out of our Scarborough plant location. The Upholsterer is responsible for measuring, cutting, and installing vinyl onto the required product.
- Measure and cut material using templates.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using staple gun.
- Keeping up-to-date with new materials or methods used in the repair work.
- Individual must be resourceful, self-starting, able to meet deadlines and able to work with others under supervision in a team environment.
- Inspect equipment and material to identify the cause of errors, problems, or other defects.
- Wearing all designated personal protective equipment at all times, when required.
- Any other duties assigned or required
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-5 years’ experience in upholstering equipment and/ or furniture using different types of vinyl.
- High school graduate.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Articulate – Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and/ or in a team environment.
- Best practices/ good knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods.
- Able to carry material to and from equipment up to 50 lbs.
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Upholsterer|