Position Type: Full-time
Rate: $14-15/hour; Dependent on experience
Location: Roncesvalles Ave & King St West
The employer, one of the best private clubs in Canada, is renowned for its truly exceptional year round sports, fitness and social facilities and programming. Employees enjoy flexible hours, an excellent meal plan, warm and welcoming staff and members and a pleasant working environment.
The Steward will be responsible for basic preparation and cooking of vegetables, stocks and sauces as well as performing cleaning activities. Reports to the Executive Cook.
- Maintain the highest food quality for value by serving efficiently, professionally and courteously with minimal wastage and spoilage
- Assist kitchen operating by cleaning food preparation and production areas, operating dish machine, keeping dish room clean and organized, maintaining adequate levels of clean tableware and kitchenware
- Excellent communication skills (speak, read and write)
- Industry and product knowledge preferred
- Ability to work in a hot humid and loud environment
- Physical ability to lift, reach, bend and stoop