Senior Business Analyst
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Yonge & Sheppard
Lead the analysis effort on requirements discovery and elicitation from Finance and Risk stakeholders.
Plan and Lead requirements discussions and collaborate with key stakeholders and IT team members (incl. Development, Architects, PM, QA, BA’s) to build consensus and drive towards delivery of the right solution.
Analyse, translate and document Finance requirements into business and functional specifications for IT Development team.
Identify relevant upstream and downstream dependencies.
Develop effort estimates for analysis and requirements gathering including BRD and Functional Interface specifications.
Effectively communicate and build rapport with all team members and stakeholders, including Credit Risk, Finance (Statutory & Regulatory Reporting) and IT teams.
Provide hands-on support during various cycles of testing including Functional Testing, Quality Assurance, Systems Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
Actively contribute to process re-engineering and process improvement.
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Financial Reporting experience (from a BA or line perspective).
- Self-starter with the ability to break down assignments and follow through with minimal guidance.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to generate high-quality product (low re-work/errors).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong Data Analysis and Data Manipulation Skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools including Excel and Access.
- 5 years’ experience working as a Business Analyst supporting the delivery of Finance Reporting solutions, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Data Analysis capacity.
- Experience working on cross-business and technology data programs.
- Proficient experience with Software Development LifeCycle process, Iterative Waterfall and IT terms and methods.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various business and technical teams, including offshore.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Relevant university or post-graduate degree in Finance or IT-related discipline.