Location: Ellesmere and Brimley.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM; One Year Contract.
Salary: To be discussed; Dependent on training and experience.
The candidate will be working in a relatively small preschool led by an RECE teacher.
Duties include the safe handling of food for children and proper management of the preschool’s kitchen. Other responsibilities include promoting a positive environment and supporting the development and self-esteem of children.
- Safely handles food to serve to children.
- Receives food from the catering firm and delivers it to the kitchen.
- Checks food for potential danger to the children, such as spoiled food and allergies.
- Distributes food to children of different age groups.
- Cleans dishes and the kitchen.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Criminal Reference check for the Vulnerable sector is required.
- In possession of a valid Food Handlers Certificate.
- Valid First Aid CPR experience for children is an asset.
- Being RECE (Registered Early Childhood Educator) or ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) approved is preferred.
- Physically and Medically fit and able to both work with children and outside in all weather for up to two hours per day.
- Possesses strong behaviour-management skills.
- Has knowledge of the Ministry of Education’s “How Does Learning Happen” and “Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT)”
|Job Category||Food Handler, Server|