Floral Merchandiser Supervisors-Seasonal Contract
Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II
Seasonal Contract (FT) for 2018
Employer is a wholesale distributor of spring bedding plants and potted plants in Ontario.
With an anticipated start date in March 2018, we are actively accepting applications for Floral Merchandising Supervisors with a focus on applicants who have Big-Box Retail and Garden Centre experience.
The Floral Merchandising Supervisors work with a team of instore merchandisers in a team lead capacity. In addition to directing the merchandisers this role is charged with maintaining (and building) strong relationships with Garden Centre Managers as well as implementing the sales plan set by Jeffery’s head office in St. Catharines, ON.
Successful applicants will be expected to work in the following areas;
- Full Cycle Recruitment and Onboarding processes including hiring, training, and continually motivating merchandisers to achieve company sales targets.
- Regularly visit assigned stores to ensure that company merchandising objectives are being met.
- Build and develop relationships at store level by working in cooperation with store management and associates.
- Communicate with merchandisers on a regular (and ongoing) basis to ensure assigned responsibilities are being completed and work schedule is being met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Team building and leadership skills.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Computer skills~ including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and Internet Navigation.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Light to moderate lifting required.
- Standing and walking for the majority of the day.
- Home computer with internet access for daily communications with head office, stores and merchandisers.
- Regular, daily store travel is required therefore you must have access to your own vehicle and be able to easily navigate between the stores.
- A valid driver’s license and current insurance form will be requested during the orientation process.
- Hours may vary according to daily and seasonal demand. Weekends are required during peak spring season.
- Previous experience in merchandising within a big box retail environment or garden centre is required.
- Hourly rate for this role is $18.00.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Company phone provided.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected to participate in the interview process will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.
We’re looking for star candidates who are absolutely passionate about both plants and people. If you’re not afraid of hard work, and want to help serve our customers by providing a quality service with excellent product presentation, then apply immediately by sending a resume with cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 9th 2018.