An Aluminium manufacturer in Scarborough is currently looking for a full time and ambitious CNC Machine Operator to join our dynamic team and help us reach a new vision. The CNC Machine Operator works as a valuable member of our team to ensure we are producing high quality product that meets our customer’s needs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Operates and adjust programs for the CNC machines.
- Ensures all manufactured components meet quality and production targets.
- Performs machine setups (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle.
- Controls and adjusts the functions and settings of machines (e.g. speed).
- Feeds the necessary raw material or parts to semi-automated machines.
- Inspects parts with precision and measuring tools to ensure they meet requirements.
- Tests the operation of machine periodically to guarantee their smooth running.
- Fixes issues arising from manufacturing processes such as calibration of tools, quality of product/raw materials that might occur during the shift.
- Keeps records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Maintains activity logs.
- Cross-Trains on all CNC Machines.
- Complies with all company health and safety policies and procedures at all times. Without limitation, wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times in accordance with Radison Limited’s policies.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area; works in conjunction with afternoon shift employees to do so.
- Works overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time at the discretion of management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience as a CNC Machine Operator.
- Is able to understand, speak, read and write English. Must be able to understand verbal and written work instructions, which are typically routine, as accuracy and attention to detail is necessary. In addition, must be able to speak, read and understand health and safety procedures, document work, train others, problem solve in teams, learn new work processes and participate in continuous learning and weekly team meetings.
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.).
- Understanding of production procedures and product knowledge.
- Has knowledge and the demonstrated ability to read drawings and specifications with an understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions.
- Must possess basic math skills to include geometry and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Is able to make decisions and problem solve within a framework of fairly detailed verbal or written instructions that provide little latitude for interpretation. Guidance and direction are immediately available from a lead hand, supervisor.
- Is able to do routine tasks and identify errors that are easily and quickly detected and would cause minor inconvenience or delay.
- Complies with all company health and safety policies and procedures at all times. Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times in accordance with Radison’s policies.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Is able to understand and follow established personal safety, security, and environmental practices. Is knowledgeable of and compliant with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Occupation Health and Safety Act (OSHA). Must be trained in Health & Safety.
- Is able to lift materials up to 50 pounds and to carry, move, manipulate and/or position them and to move, bend, twist or maintaining awkward body positions while performing work.
- Has good hand and eye co-ordination and muscular control sufficient to operate tools or equipment and to and to see closely and/or listen intently in order to achieve very detailed results and/or detect flaws or errors.
- Cross-training on CNC Machines
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Starting wage is within the range of $20 to 22 depending on experience.
- Great people to work with!
The employer endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.