Position Type: Full-time
Location: Roncesvalles Ave & King St West
The employer, one of the best private clubs in Canada, is renowned for its truly exceptional year round sports, fitness and social facilities and programming. Employees enjoy flexible hours, an excellent meal plan, warm and welcoming staff and members and a pleasant working environment.
The 1st Cook will play a key role in contributing to their customer satisfaction goals by preparing food as per the specifications, setting up stations for menu and assisting Executive Chef with daily tasks. Reports to the Executive Chef.
- Prepare food for service and cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Culinary school diploma or working towards it
- 1 to 2 years experience in a similar environment
- Sound industry and product knowledge as well as industry’s best practices
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent communication skills (speak, read and write)